Tuesday, February 23, 2016

I can see a Clearer View



Today I feel like I can see clearer now and I hope that reminds you of a song like it does me. Mom and I both seem to be in a better place.  I'm not sure who feeds off who but it works.  I finally let go of some things from my past that were bothering me, thank you Higher Power and my Serenity friends for helping with that.  Is everything peachy?  Not a chance, but we are motoring along and the fog seems to have cleared a little.

Currently, we are getting the house ready to put on the market. Once the house sells, we will be moving to North Carolina to be closer to family and better weather and scenery!  I am excited and scared all at the same time.  The farthest I've lived away from Ohio was a year in Kentucky when I was 17, for an unsuccessful attempt at college. I will be really starting over, but I feel like it is the right move to make and all will work out.  Mom has finally come around and even talks about the move in a positive light now.  Of course, everytime she sees the "Myrtle Beach time" commercial on TV she says, "That's where we are going right, where Gillian lives?"  I'm about at the point where I say yes, at least I don't let it bother me anymore and that is improvement.

Speaking of getting the house ready for sale, I have been cleaning out the basement and Wow! My family moved into this house a longgggg time ago, decades and decades ago. Anyway, I am sometimes amazed at some of the things that I am finding, like my mother's report cards from elementary school! And she did indeed have an older brother as a teacher! That had to be terrible!  I also found that talking too much in school runs in the family!  ha ha ha!!!  It was called whispering in class back in her day, but same it's still the same thing. I have also found some of my report cards, not so funny; and tons of pictures!!! What do you do with all the pictures?!?  So far I have filled a tote with them; my life, my parents, and my daughter's.  It is definitely a walk down memory lane.  I have made many trips to the thrift store and trash can with the findings.  I have a keep pile and a sale pile, I'll let you know when the moving sale is going to happen.

Mom has brightened up a little since we had a conversation about what we are taking with us to North Carolina.  For some reason, she thought we would pack a suitcase and leave everything behind even though we had talked about it before and I brought her some totes home.  She was really worried about her stuff, but now she knows it is going too and she is much happier.  Every now and then she will ask me, " Is that going to North Carolina with us?"  It is like reassuring a child and sometimes I have to remind myself of that fact.  I'm getting better wih the help of my Higher Power and a clearer view.

No comments:

Post a Comment