Sunday, January 25, 2015

A view of the goal

It is my goal to take better care of myself in 2015.  So to get this going, I rejoined Planet Fitness last week and actually went there three times during the week.  So what changed? I am scheduling my time to exercise and so far it has kept me going.  I have had to make time changes, but I still went and exercised.  I know, you're thinking, "Big Deal, you went 3 times the first week!", I get that and have thought that also. However, I am encouraged by this fact! That is my goal, 3 times each week.  I think that is helping also that I am not trying to become the next top model, just be healthy.  And yes, I know I could never be the next top model!

I am a procrastinator to my core, not one of my best characteristics!  It is one of those character defects I am trying to let go, but keep retying the string.  Sometimes quickly, sometimes slowly.  I do not want to get to the end of my life and wish I had done something.  I bring this up because I have a lot (!) of work to do on ridding myself of this defect.  I can put off my life, and did for many years, if I can get away with it.  At some point I have to be a grown-up, and I have been fighting that for a longggggg time.  My idea for this is not original, it's not new or profound either.  I am breaking down my goals, tasks, chores, whatever, into smaller steps, doable steps that lead to the desired end. Amazing, huh?  I have been so overwhelmed with what I think I "should" do that I didn't do anything. I am stopping the "shoulds" and working on getting things done in baby steps.  I'll let you know how it works out.

You have probably heard that as we get older, we revert back to childhood and I am witnessing this firsthand with mom.  It still amazes me at how her brain works and doesn't work.  Yes, I do still have to remind myself that it isn't all about me sometimes and I still catch myself being really frustrated because she cannot complete a simple task without direction or assistance.  It is not easy watching a parent age and deteriorate.  We do try to keep it lite, but we have our moments when we are both so frustrated with each other.  Here's an example, she was getting herself some ice cream one evening this summer and asked if I wanted some and I told her that I did.  She came back in the room with ice cream on a plate with a serving spoon.  I asked her if she could put it in a bowl for me and get me a smaller spoon.  She returned with my ice cream in a coffee mug and the same spoon.  I ate it anyway, she really did not see the problem.  It can be funny to live in our house some days.

The end of the college football season was amazing for our house because we are Buckeyes! Congratulations Buckeyes on a great season and the National Championship!!! #BuckeyeNation

I am working on my jewelry business and one of my changes is how I think about my business.  I can be successful, I can be profitable.  I have to believe that and work that way or I will stay stuck where I am.  If I don't have confidence in my ability to create pieces, how can I sell them?  I know I can and do make some really nice pieces, so what I am going to do is focus on that.  Other changes are being made and will be revealed soon.

Also, I took time off for me on Saturday.  I spent some time with a friend at the NHL All-Star fan fare.   It was fun walking around the Arena District, watching people slide down the snow slide and just people watch in general.  We didn't have tickets for anything, we went down because it was there.  And we watched the snow slide, and didn't participate, because the wait was 1 1/2 hrs! That was not going to happen.

My current view is a rain snow mix and looks dreary, some of you see the same view.  For those in warm weather areas, I do not want to know the temperature where you are located.  Thanks anyway,
I'll just keep my rose colored glasses on until spring. See you later!




No comments:

Post a Comment